Enhance Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers and Instant Orthodontics
By drfrey on September 20, 2016
If you've always wanted beautifully straight teeth but don't want to undergo the lengthy treatment process associated with traditional orthodontics, instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers may be right for you. Porcelain veneers mask dental flaws, including crooked, irregular looking teeth, to dramatically transform the smile's appearance in only a few dental appointments. When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can create an even, flawless looking smile in a fraction of the time of traditional orthodontics. To find out if instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers is right for you, schedule a consultation with Virginia Beach, VA dentists Scott Parr and Tara Frey.
Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells used to enhance the smile by masking dental flaws and imperfections. When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can create straight, even teeth, similar to the results of traditional orthodontics, but without the pain or long wait. In fact, instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers can provide dramatic results in as little as two or three dental visits.
Although many patients can benefit from instant orthodontics using porcelain veneers, this treatment is not suitable for all alignment issues. Those with significant bite issues, or malocclusion, generally require traditional orthodontics to achieve their desired results. With that said, instant orthodontics may be used to treat such orthodontic issues as:
- Mild crookedness: Mildly crooked teeth can be addressed and made to look straight with porcelain veneers.
- Gaps between the teeth: Unwanted gaps between teeth can be closed with porcelain veneers.
- Overall appearance of the teeth: Unlike traditional orthodontics, instant orthodontics can be used to improve the overall appearance of the teeth, including correcting tooth shape, size, and color.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
There are many benefits to instant orthodontics using porcelain veneers, making them a popular choice for those with minor alignment issues. Some of the many benefits of instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers include:
- Treatment is painless: Many find the porcelain veneer procedure to be completely painless, especially when compared to traditional orthodontics.
- No discomfort: Traditional orthodontic techniques, such as braces, can leave the jaws, teeth, and mouth sore throughout the course of treatment. Some people may even develop skin irritation or sores where metal braces rub the inside of the lips. Instant orthodontics feel like the natural teeth, eliminating the discomfort felt from traditional braces.
- Provides immediate results: Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers provides immediate results, unlike traditional orthodontics, which can take 18 months or more to achieve the desired results.
- Easy to maintain: Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers are as easy to care for as the natural teeth and don't require special care like traditional braces.
- Enhances the overall appearance of the smile: Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers have the added benefit of being able to improve the overall appearance of the smile, correcting dental flaws, discoloration, and irregularly shaped teeth.
Schedule a Consultation
For more information about instant orthodontics, and to find out if treatment is right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with our dentists at the Smile Center.
Related to This
Can't believe that it is a pleasure to go to the dentist...Not only did you save all the teeth [other dentists] were going to remove, but your professional organization and friendly, caring staff are a remarkable reflection of your commitment to excellent dentistry.Terri Giles, Google Review